Monday, January 24, 2011

Arts Explorer #1-My Creative Inspiration

"art word of the week"- Shade: "adding black to any colour darkens its value and results in a shade. For example, adding black to red makes maroon" (Schirrmacher, R., & Fox, J.E. (2009). Art and creative development for young children (6th Ed.). Belmont,CA: Delmar, p. 137).

           The article discusssed in class this week was called "Everyday Creativity." This article talks about the tattoo artists in the prison system in Russia who have never had lessons in painting techniques but they are still able to create large pictures on each others bodies.
           After reading this article in class, I did some of my own personal research on the Russian prisoners and looked at all the different tatoos and the story behind each tattoos. I have a personal fascination with tattoos, especially black and white tattoos. Looking at different tattoos are very inspiring to me because I am amazed at the different ways shades and colours can be used to define a picture and make the tattoo stand out and look real.
            In my personl views, I think tattoo can be very meaningful and significant to the individual. Hearing the stories and reasons behind people's tattoo catches my interest very much because I find it very interesting how an individual can make a mark on their body, that can last a lifetime, to prove how important that particular image is to them.

1 comment: