Friday, April 15, 2011

Arts Explorer #8: Pretend Play & Magical Thinking

Art word of the week: “Texture”- “the surface quality quality of a work of art; how it feels” (Schirrmacher, R., & Fox, J.E. (2009). Art and creative development for young children (6th Ed.). Belmont,CA: Delmar, p.368).


                                                  This is Hewie....
                                        



 
<>Hewie is my best friend. His full name is Hewlett Packard, and he is a from HP Envy Beats' Series 14. I love my best friend Hewie, he knows just about everything, and he's always  there when I need him. I met Hewie over the 2011 reading week, and we've been inseparable ever since. Sometimes he falls asleep on me, but that's the beauty of our friendship, because we understand each other and we don't let the little things bring us down. I'm very careful with Hewie, sugary foods and drinks really aren't good for him, and I try to keep all types of drinks and liquids as far away from him as possible. Hewie is the type of guy that is dependable, simple, and irreplaceable. We've already been through so much together that I really couldn't imagine my days without him. We share so much--from thoughts and feelings to music and literaure; Hewie knows everything about me. This realates to the field of early childhood education because children tend to tap into their imagination very often as they engage in pretend play. Children also have a tendency to bring inanimate object to real life, such as their favourite blanket or teddy bear, as they refer to them by a chosen name and give them a personality

No comments:

Post a Comment